The Nigeria Police is the principal law enforcement and the lead security agency in Nigeria with a staff strength of about 371,800. There are currently plans to increase the force to 650,000, adding 280,000 new recruits to the existing 370,000. The NPF is a very large organisation consisting of 36 State commands grouped into 12 zones and 7 administrative organs. The agency is currently headed by IGP Adamu Muhammed. In 2020, it underwent major overhauls.
The Nigerian Police Force has outlined some security tips for citizens as they move around during this festive season especially at Motor parks, Airports and Train Stations.
The security tips are as follows:
- Make your Lugagge distinctive.
- Hold your bag firmly.
- Make your calls as private as you can.
- Handle your cash transaction calls discretely.
- Don’t accept drinks or food items from strangers.
- Don’t discuss your private life with strangers.
The Nigerian Police Force has released this security tips in order to reduce the rate of criminality among citizens of Nigeria.